Sunday, January 10, 2010

Chinese Food

Tonight, at 5:30 PM, I had Chinese food for dinner.

Before dinner, I was really hungry and cold. Some days, in the end hours of the fasting period, I get cold and hungry. These are both signs my body is burning fat, so I welcome them. The coldness arises from a deficiency of heat that would otherwise be present from metabolizing food. Having not eaten for at least 19 hours, there is no food to metabolize: no food = no metabolizing food = no metabolic heat. The hunger is a more intense form of somatic hunger that arises, for example, when I've previously worked out and my body is really pushing for a nutrient intake.

Two great things about Fast-5. You can eat as much as you want during your eating window, and you can eat what you want (Chinese food, for example).

'Till Tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment