Saturday, January 23, 2010

Pizza

We had company last night, so we ordered pizza. After you've gone all day without eating, it's important to eat food that satisfies. Some days, that can be fruits and vegetables (I find I crave these every day, and the more of them I eat, within reason, the better I feel), and sometimes you get stuck eating pizza.

Don't get me wrong, at times a pizza is great. But last night, the pizza merely took up some space in my stomach, didn't taste all that good, and left me feeling like my body was patiently wanting / waiting for me to feed it something else, something it wasn't getting from pizza.

The problem is that, you only know if your body is satisfied by your food choices after you've eaten, and once you've eaten, if you made an unsatisfying choice, you are full, so it's a sort of game over situation, at least until the next day.

5 comments:

  1. Hi -- I just stumbled on Fast-5, then found your blog. I'm also middle-aged (yikes!), but female, and will graduate from law school in June. I started FF today, but I know it will be good for me because this is essentially how I ate pre-law-school when I was naturally slim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From on middle ager to another...how's fasting working for ya? I found you on The Fast 5 forum and I'm sold on intermittent fasting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, how is the Fast 5 coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been f5ing for 3 and a half years now and have found that the best way to take care of my fruit and veg craving is to make raw blender juice. I don't juice it as such, I just blender everything. I do two serves of fruit and five veg. It seems a lot but when you don't eat all day, it just feels right. Then if the guests come or I go out, I just have a normal meal. I also add four tea spoons of freshly milled (coffee grinder) flax seed for the omega 3s.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I also started Fast 5 and I have to say that it is the easiest way of eating I have ever done!The only thing different is my window is from 1 pm to 6 pm.

    ReplyDelete