Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Are all Fasting Hours Equal in Terms of Calories Burned?

Dinner started at 6:15 PM. I wonder if all fasting hours are equal, or if, for example, the the last fasting hour burns more fat calories than all the others? I don't know, but I would guess this is the case. For example, the first hour of fasting is not likely to burn much in the way of fat calories, as the body is still digesting and circulating sugars from eating. But at the end of the 19 hour period, I should be burning mostly fat calories. Thus, it may be of critical importance to hit the 19 hours per day of fasting....

1 comment:

  1. I never count calories and the weight stays off. I eat what I want but always lots of fruit and veg. I enjoy chocolate, chips but never much because there isn't enough time to eat junk when you have to eat what you should. I often only eat for a three to four hour window. I am just not that interested in food after I have eaten. This is not to say that I don't get hungry during the day. But hunger is just a feeling like a slightly sore arm, I can deal with it. Most times I just have a glass of water and the hunger is forgotten.

    ReplyDelete